Why is compostable packaging important?
Using compostable, recycled, or recyclable packaging can have a significant impact - it diverts waste away from landfills and encourages your customers to be more mindful of the waste that they produce.
Is compostable packaging good for the environment?
Under specific conditions, compostable packaging provides a great sustainable alternative, opening up an end-of-life route without persistent environmental pollution. In particular, those made of renewable resources, or even better waste products, align more closely with the circular economy.
Is compostable packaging better than recyclable packaging?
Recycling still takes energy, which composting does not, but solely composting limits the end-of-life value of a product too much to give it precedence over recycling–especially when composting of biodegradable plastic still isn't available on a large scale.
Why Choose Eco-Friendly Packaging?
1. Reduce your Carbon Footprint.
- Recycled materials reduce the consumption of resources, however many materials can only be recycled a limited number of times. Compostable packaging is designed to break down into compost. This can then be used to enrich the soil, or even to grow new resources.
2. Demonstrate your sustainability knowledge to customers.
- Your packaging is the first experience your customer will have with your product - eco-friendly packaging lets your customers know that your brand is authentic in its commitment to sustainability.
3. Combat “Over-Packaging”.
Eco-friendly packaging design is not only about the materials used in production, but also the quantity of materials used. Packaging can be made more sustainable in a number of ways: folding boxes that require no glue, flexible pouches that take up less space in transit, single materials for easier disposal, designs requiring less raw material.
4. Reduce Shipping Costs.
Eco-friendly packaging minimizes the amount of packaging material used to ship goods, meaning that it’s more economical to ship from production to the warehouse, and finally to customers!
5. Reduce Contamination of Recycling or Compost.
Eco-Friendly packaging avoids using mixed materials where possible, and this includes labels! Mixed materials and standard adhesive labels used on otherwise compostable packaging can ruin efforts to recycle or compost by damaging machinery and contaminating the process.
Post time: Aug-23-2022